Friday, February 7, 2014

"Falafel" salad

Admittedly, when I first leafed through the book the "falafel" salad was not one of the recipes that sprang forth declaring, "try me, try me"! Let's chock that up to my own lack of adventure? This salad, like all of Ellie Krieger's salad recipes, was rock-on good -- even great!

The recipe was infused with all the major healthy spices (cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper) which served as a dressing with toasted pita bread, tHomatoes, cucumbers and chickpeas. There are other ingredients too but these are the main ingredients. The one thing probably not found in most US pantries is tahini (sort of a peanut butter made from sesame seeds?). Anyway, the recipe was easy. Chop, whisk, toast and go. A full meal by itself and a perfect lunch entree.

Julie, the teenage giant, and I all raved about this one. A real keeper and such a bonus to get outside of the normal taste palette we've eaten for so long. Awesome job EK.

No comments:

Post a Comment