Sunday, February 16, 2014

Meatballs with simple marinara

Been laid up with a bad cold since Thursday so my blogging came to a screeching halt. I made this dish for dinner this past Wednesday night for my teenage giant and myself.

You know, my favorite spaghetti recipe of all-time happens to be an Ellie Krieger recipe from one of her other cookbooks. It's so delicious that I make it for company from time to time. Needless to say, I expected that this recipe would be just as good! Sadly no...

Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with this recipe. Easy and fast to make (like all the recipes in this book). The problem I had was with the flavor and I readily admit that my taste buds might have been compromised by my upcoming cold. I would liken the meatballs to more like meatloaf than meatballs. I think adding onions to the recipe might be a good idea. Broiling them until browned before plopping them in the sauce would also be a good idea. Might even consider adding some moisture-free chopped spinach to the meat. As they were, they just lacked interest and pop. I'll have to try this recipe once more to give it a better chance without a cold.

Back to cooking healthy this week upcoming. Cold is getting close to gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment