Friday, January 17, 2014

Grilled tandoori chicken breasts with Indian-style cucumber salad

OK. Yum!

Easy and fast to make. Love the ultra-healthy spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric, cloves and cayenne pepper! Seriously nutritious stuff. The grilled tandoori chicken breasts might be a bit dry all alone but making them with the Indian-style cucumber salad creates a powerful and satisfying combination. Really good.

My former next door neighbors were from Mumbai and would make us Indian food from time to time using spices they brought back from India. I can't honestly say this tops their dishes but then I don't think they were all that concerned with great nutrition either. One thing I do that makes a big difference in dishes like this is I grind my own spices 2 or 3 times a year. Adds zing and full flavor to this sort of dish. Thanks Ellie!

1 comment:

  1. This was excellent! I would eat this for lunch again tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete