Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pasta fagioli with zucchini

45 degrees and rainy/windy weather - how fortuitous that I had soup on the menu for lunch today. This dish was really good. It was fast and easy enough for even the most novice home cook to prepare and enjoy. We love pasta fagioli and have been making one recipe or another for decades. This is the first recipe that didn't have a small amount of ground meat added and it got by just fine without it! I'd recommend chopping the zucchini small and dropping it several minutes after the noodles -- it'll keep it slightly crunchy.

My plan was to freeze a couple of servings (note: this soup is 1 1/2 cups instead of 2 cups for serving size) but I'm not sure the zucchini will freeze well. I'll probably just feed the extra to my over-sized teenager and be done with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment