Thursday, January 23, 2014

shrimp creole

Only 330 calories? WOW! This dish was so full of powerful flavors and a piece of cake to make. Modifications: I discovered I was out of onions (last night I tossed one that had gone bad) so I used a couple of shallots instead. I also added a small orange bell pepper I had laying around. (color is good, right EK?) I also added about twice as much water in the beginning of the recipe -- it was getting too dry. Recipe told me that was normal so I felt good about that.

The dish was a snap to make -- love those darned Muir Glen tHomato products! The shrimp were cooked perfectly moist! Just really good food for 330 calories. I've made creole 20 times before without really checking into the nutritional values. They were probably pretty healthy too but I know this one was good for me and mine. ThX EK!

No comments:

Post a Comment