Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Salmon with savory rhubarb sauce

Oh, hell yes! This meal was absolutely wonderful even though I overcooked the asparagus to the point of being nearly inedible. The rhubarb sauce stole the show. It was so delicious even though I made two major substitutions.

I was out of basil so I substituted savory. The biggest substitution was as big as they come -- I couldn't find rhubarb so I used the red stalks from swiss chard. I have no idea what the rhubarb would taste like in this recipe but I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't compete with the chard. The honey, wine and orange juice all sweetened it up nicely and it went perfectly with the sockeye salmon. Besides the destroyed asparagus I made a quinoa / whole wheat rice combination. It went really well with the fish dish. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment