Friday, January 31, 2014

Savory carrot-cashew soup AND chicory salad with green apple, cranberries, and blue cheese

Lunch today was really nice. The Savory carrot-cashew soup should really have the word "ginger" in the title -- it made the soup great from good. Was it easy to make? Yeah, the ingredients were easy to handle and the instructions were great, however, two pots and my food processor? dishes galore! I probably should have done a better job food processing the soup, and I probably should have let it cook down a bit more to thicken it...next time.

The chicory salad with green apple, cranberries, and blue cheese was the star of lunch. I couldn't find chicory at the grocery store which didn't upset me too much. Whenever I think of chicory I think of horrible coffee in New Orleans with chicory in it.... not my cup of, er, tea? I substituted the chicory with dandelion greens which was a good find. I like the flavor of dandelion greens and they are super healthy too. (Ellie - give 'em a try!) The salad was really good like all of Ellie's salads. The play of vinegar on the apple, the tart cranberries and the decadent cheese. A really good play of flavors and another "keeper" salad from EK.

No comments:

Post a Comment