Wednesday, January 29, 2014

One-pot dominican-style chicken and rice

We've got a new number one favorite recipe! Julie and I both agreed that this one knocked it out of the park. The complexity of flavors from all the spices; the perfectly cooked moist chicken; the occasional salty olive (it's OK spellcheck gods if you changed "olive" to "love" for me -- that'll work!)...

Buy the book and cook this recipe! You can send me a thank you note later.

If the flavors weren't enough of a treat...it was fast and easy and only used ONE POT! I did the spices "mise en place" ​[mi zɑ̃ ˈplas] (fancy talk for getting them all ready before cooking) but Ellie lays it all out so neatly that anyone with moderate kitchen skills can keep up with her step-by-step directions. Final thought: DAMN! GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. Truly a new favorite, although, I have a ton of close second place dishes. This was AMAZING!!! <3

    ReplyDelete