Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Shotgun wedding soup (modified)

So...I had left over turkey breast from last night's butchering of Tom (not Thom). I used that in the recipe instead of ground meat -- I cut it into small pieces. I also substituted 4 of the cups of chicken broth with 4 cups of vegetable broth so I made this with half chicken broth and half vegetable broth. No big reason, just didn't have enough chicken broth. Finally, I micro-planed 1/2 of a nutmeg into the egg, parmesan and parsley mixture. Recipe didn't call for it but I love the parmesan, nutmeg and spinach combination and I'm pretty sure nutmeg is a "use all the time" ingredient. In fact, I really like heating the broth with a parmesan rind in the broth but didn't go that route today.

The recipe was scrumptious - I knew it would be. I made it on-the-fly instead of what I had planned because I had all the ingredients on hand to go with the leftover turkey meat. Just a really good recipe. Make it - love it! Thanks Ellie.

P.S. - I saw Ellie make this same recipe on HealthTV today. Quite the media goddess there Ellie K. You are everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment