Thursday, January 16, 2014

Halibut with kale and chorizo in broth AND tHomato bread

We made two recipes from the "Weeknight Wonders" book last night. Each was wonderful - see the following for details

Halibut with kale and chorizo in broth
This dish could not have been more delicious. The fish was flakey and flavorful and the chorizo provided nice little taste sensations here and there. The fish broth (not a fan in general) wasn't fishy at all, in fact, the broth when combined with all the other ingredients was smooth and comforting. The kale was also delicious which isn't always the case with kale. I wasn't looking forward to this dish (kale and fish broth) but I'm glad we made it and was surprised by the result. Great recipe.

THomato bread
The tHomato bread was a great accompaniment to the main course. I loved the crunchiness and the flavor. I found myself dipping the bread into the broth and enjoying the combination. Another great recipe.

Note: I have been posting a link to buy the "Weeknight Wonders" cookbook at the end of my blog entries but the blogger gods keep flagging me as a spammer. If you can't figure out how to find and buy Ellie Krieger's book, "Weeknight Wonders", then you probably shouldn't be cooking with sharp knives! Go buy it - you'll love the flavors and enjoy the health benefits too!

1 comment:

  1. If anyone needed proof that these recipes are not only delicious, but easy to make, this one is it! I cook approximately 1.5 meals a year (Christmas and help with Thanksgiving), and yet was able to execute this solo. Thanks Ellie for helping people like me turn out lovely meals!

    ReplyDelete